Thursday, July 26, 2007

common ground II




"God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of His blood."
Romans 3:25  -- Leviticus 17:11 we are told that Life is in the Blood...
 

John 18:37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
 

Mark 9:31 His Promise; "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days HE WILL RISE."

He Is Lord

The cross Jesus was nailed to read:
“JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS” The Son of God and  Man being crucified. His skin, inflamed by the heat of the sun His head ached from the blows and bled from the cuts, caused by the woven thorns, placed on His head for a crown... He Is Lord

Dry crusted spit upon His face, beaten and bruised, showing His years an yet He was only 33. His lips which spoke truth, grace, love and healing where dry and cracked. So thirsty... He Is Lord

His shoulders, arms and back where sore from His beating, tied and bound to the cross limited in movement. His chest, heaved with utter exhaustion, His hands numb from the spikes hammered through.... He Is Lord

His heart, broken, the people who had followed Him with shouts of acclamations “Hosanna in the Highest” where now against Him being verbally abusive. His own disciple betrayed Him with a kiss... He Is Lord

His legs, trembling and weak from the agony of His journey to “The Place of the Skull” His feet, also painfully numb from having been nailed into the cross... He Is Lord

His garments stripped from Him, for lots to be cast. His mind and body bearing all the pain and stress issued to Him for all mankind for this reason He was born, and for this He came into the world... He Is Lord

The sun was concealed in darkness and the earth fell deadly silent. Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit."... He Is Lord

The soldier standing by took his spear and pierced The Lamb Of God bringing a sudden flow of blood and water... He Is Lord

The veil of the temple was torn in two! the earth shook in anger! rocks split, the scorners and mockers were terrified and ran in fear!... He Is Lord

Only a few remained, mourning for Him, Jesus was removed from the cross, His body was treated with the greatest love and attention, placed in a tomb, hewn out in the rock, where no one had yet been laid. He was wrapped in fine linen cloth with spices. Then a great stone was rolled, to sealed up the tomb which was heavenly guarded... He Is Lord

Three days passing at the break of day the stone was found rolled back! Jesus was no longer there! He Is Lord! Hallelujah!!! He Is Risen from the dead and HE IS LORD!


written in 1998


---------------------------From "Sun Stand Still" by Steven Furtick.
12 Audacious faith confessions



I am Fully Forgiven and Free From all Shame and Condemnation.
Romans 8:1-2   Ephesians 1:7-8   1John 1:9

I Act in Audacious Faith to Change the World in My Generation.
Joshua 10:12-1  John 14:12

I Have no Fear or Anxiety; I Trust in the Lord with All My Heart.
Proverbs 3:5-6  Philippians 4:6-7  1 Peter 5:7

I’m Able to Fulfill the Calling God has placed on My Life.
Exodus 3:9-12  Psalm 57:2  Colossians 1:24-29

I’m Fully Resourced to do everything God has called me To Do.
Deuteronomy 8:18  Luke 6:38  Philippians 4:13

I have no Insecurity, because I see myself the Way God sees me.
Genesis 1:26-27   Psalm 139:13-16  Ephesians 5:25-27

I am a Faithful Spouse, a Godly Parent – Our Family is blessed.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9  Ephesians 5:22-25  Colossians 3:18-19 1Peter 3:1-7

I’m Completely Whole – Physically, Mentally, and Emotionally.
Psalm 103:1-5 Matthew 8:16-17 2Corinthians 5:17 1Peter 2:24

I am Increasing in Influence and Favor for the Kingdom of God.
Genesis 45:4-8  1Samuel 2:26     Acts 2:37-47

I am Enabled to Walk in the Sacrificial Love of Christ
    2Thessalonians 2:16-17    1John 3:16; 4:9-12

I Have the Wisdom of the Lord concerning Every Decision I Make.
     2Chronicles 1:7-12     Proverbs 2:6  Ecclesiastes 2:26  James 1:5

I am Protected from All Harm and Evil in Jesus’ Name.
    Genesis 50:20  Psalm 3:1-3  2Thessalonians 3:2-3

No comments: